Tarragona is a city full of history and culture, and has many monuments and places of interest to visit. Some of the most prominent are:
- The Cathedral of Tarragona (photo 1) : The Cathedral of Tarragona is an impressive Gothic church built in the 12th century. It stands out for its beautiful façade, its large rose window and its ribbed vaults.
- The Roman Amphitheater (photo 2) : This impressive Roman amphitheater is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Tarragona. It was built in the 2nd century and was used for public shows, such as gladiator fights.
- El Balcón del Mediterráneo (photo 3) : This beautiful viewpoint is located in the upper part of the city and offers impressive panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and the coast.
- The Roman Forum (photo 4) : The Roman forum of Tarragona was the center of public life in Roman times. Today you can see the ruins of the square, the temples and the baths.
- The National Archaeological Museum of Tarragona (photo 5) : This interesting museum has a large collection of objects from the Roman era, including mosaics, sculptures and coins.
- The Ferreres Aqueduct (photo 6) : This impressive Roman aqueduct was built in the 1st century and stretches for 27 kilometres. It is one of the most impressive in Spain and can be visited to see its arches and stone pillars.